Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shark??

I dont get a chance to watch all that many television programs since I spend most of my life either on campus or asleep. Obviously I watch some television but i mainly rely on my DVR to record my "usual" shows such as The Office, South Park, and some other more embarrassing ones i wont get into right now. Recently however I had some tv time and i stumbled upon this new show on CBS called Shark. Its basically like all the other dramas in primetime, cops/DA's trying to solve mysterious murders and with about ten minutes left in the show they finally uncover that one piece of evidence to close the case. What makes this one different? It stars James Woods as the main prosecutor. I have nothing against Woods but why is this a show? Its not different or innovative at all. The Law and Order shows already show prosecutors and how they work their cases. The CSI shows give a different look at how the evidence is gathered. This is just a lamer version of Law and Order only with James Woods hilarious wit and arrogance(sarcasm). Basically I cant even take him seriously because all i keep seeing is a hyperactive poker enthusiast pretending to be a smooth talking lawyer. Maybe Im wrong but i think we have all the lawyer/cop dramas we need already and Woods should audition for a role on Las Vegas, at least then i might actually believe his character is realistic, that is if i ever watched that show either.

No comments: