Monday, January 22, 2007

Kicking it off

Well I am sitting here at work in the architecture building constantly emailing a number of people and it brought me back to a thought (sort of about the media of facebook) that we had a discussion on today. This seemed like the right time to kick things off with the blog. I was just thinking about the idea of being "too old" for facebook that came up in class. Whether Michael is too old, who is too old, and what information actually impacts what I can do with it (facebook and yahoo mail/other email) in the media. Will our generation, college students now, ever be too old for it? and what are the impacts of this on my sanity for instance since I am addicted; it is true. This, personally, scares the crap out of me and for the most part, I think it should. I feel that if I could have went back to the introductions in class... I should have said facebook and yahoo mail. This has its advantages though, for business communications in journalism but it is kind of exhausting at the same time. For instance, I got my first workstudy job simply by emailing the uwm buildings asking, no meetings required. Also, I communicate constantly with the UWM post over email. Maybe it is just me, and the lifestyle right now.. If we are hooked now... what the heck are we going to be like in 10-15 years and since we are the first introduced to facebook... can we mature to outgrow it? I can't wait to see a spam blocker and virus protection for facebook users in the future.

No comments: