Friday, December 08, 2006

Football on TV

I'm not a big football fan—I don't follow trades, know every teams records, or care whether or not someone is getting paid more than another. I just like watching some football games, but let me tell you, I absolutely hate it when TV networks screw up a game for me.

First, since most of the programming we get is from massive super companies, naturally they control the shows and what not. That's why a lot of the Packers games are at noon instead of 3pm - the networks wanted it that way. What the hell is with that? Football is fun and all, but when we have to take commercial breaks and pause game play, have a sponsor for everything, and crappy douchebags talking during another sponsored halftime, it kind of sucks.

Second, and most important, is the amount of crap TV networks put on the screen. My favorite network to watch football on now is ESPN, which has a small cool-looking box at the bottom of the screen. It shows the time left, the current down and the scores most of the time. When something like a flag or timeouts, part of the nifty box flies out and shows it. Then it goes away. Don't show me crap I don't need, people don't like it.

No comments: