Friday, December 08, 2006

Radio djs so lame

As ive mentioned before I have only an am/fm stereo in my car so i listen to a good deal of it and i just want to say that while alot of the music is bad, the djs are worse. The most egregious thing i have heard this year and maybe in my life came from a dj on 103.7. Prior to playing some song by a band called Hinder, he said, "The band that brought the guitar solo back to music." Are you kidding me? Then i heard the song and started dry heaving and almost wrecked my car. Another example came at my usual fm station of choice 102.1. The dj was interruting 30 minutes of commercial free music to talk and give her two cents about the feud between Green Day and the singer from the Killers. She basically said the Killers are weak and can't talk about Green Day and then proceded to play the latest single from the Killers new album. My problem with this is i dont care what she thinks about either band especially while im in my car and am supposed to be enjoying uninterrupted music. "Commercial-free hours" basically mean commercials replaced by station promos and mindless chatter from djs.

No comments: