Friday, January 25, 2008

Save a few dollars....read Perez!

As a college student with only a part time job, I often find myself struggling to pay the bills. However, one of my guiltiest pleasures is a tabloid (think USWeekly, People, OK! Magazine, etc.)...but I have a hard time justifying spending money on them when I don't necessarily have the extra cash.

About a year ago, one of my friends introduced me to a website called Perez Hilton. The website was created by a flamboyant Hollywood journalist with a pretty hilarious outlook on news and celebrities. Since he started the site, his viewers have ballooned to millions each day. He posts new stories and updates his old leads almost every hour and I've found that his information seems to be more accurate than the tabloids or even other gossip sites (I think he has some people "on the inside"...sources, if you will).

Just a warning: some of his posts can be pretty outrageous. He often favors very colorful language and has some very strong picks for his favorite celebrities as well as the people that he dislikes the most. Watch out for the "If you are easily offended...." posts, as they are not for the faint of heart. I think it's hilarious, but some others may not.

If you like tabloids, I encourage you to check out Perez in the comfort of your own home. Save yourself a few dollars (and maybe a little embarrassment), and avoid having to actually buy the trashy magazines at your local grocery store. I recommend saving the extra dollars for a pair of great new shoes.

By the way, please don't judge me for encouraging that you view this site. It's hilarious, and I love it so much that I read it almost every day!

No comments: