Thursday, January 31, 2008

TV before Bed??

Since the start of this JMC 262 class, I have become way more aware of all the different media types that I personally use in my everyday life. It is crazy how peoples' lives have become so connected to different forms of media and how difficult it is for us to pry ourselves away from them in order to get back to the real world.

I have also realized how some nights I have trouble sleeping without turning the TV on and watching a little bit before I turn in for the night. I know I'm probably not the only one out there that this occurs too, but it's just something that I've noticed recently.

Recently I have been watching those old classic 90's sitcoms that used to air and I'm sure many of us in the class have seen the shows I'm talking about. Home Improvement with the wild, crazy, and accident prone Tim the Tool Man Taylor is just one of the shows I'm referring to. Another one is the Fresh Prince of Bel Air that stars WIll Smith. I know I've probably seen almost every episode of those shows but there is just something in them that keeps me intrigued and lures me in to watch them night in and night out. Since these shows are on Nick At Nite the same time every night, it makes viewing them a lot easier. These shows have a certain comedic element to them and that is one of the reasons that I keep coming back to watch them time and time again.

Another one of my favorites before bed is Conan O' Brien. I enjoy watching his monologue and sometimes watching the guests he interviews but mainly I watch him because he is crazy and insane. His facial expressions are one of a kind. HAHAH.

Anyways, I guess I'm just curious how many people out there use the TV as sort of a way to make themselves more tired and fall asleep easier. I know it sure works for me.

No comments: