Thursday, January 29, 2009

True Beauty: More to it than just good looks

I wouldn't say that I have become obsessed with the new show on ABC called "True Beauty," but it definitely raises my eyebrows. This show airs at 9 p.m. central time right after "The Bachelor." I do not know much about it but I do know that it is produced by Ashton Kutcher and Tyra Banks. I think the idea of the show is absolutely genius. I'm not one for reality shows, but this one got me really interested only because it puts people in their place when they feel a bit more "privileged" than the next person. It starts out with ten people who feel they are the most beautiful in the world and each week one is voted off based on their performance for that week. These performances are based on challenges and photo shoots but the judges are also watching for how these contestants interact with one another. The contestants think they are only being judged on their outer beauty but what the judges are really looking for is their inner beauty. The winner of the show will get $10,000 in cash and also be featured in People Magazine's Most Beautiful People issue, which I feel is a huge honor. When each contestant is voted off, they are told that "there is more to beauty than what meets the eye." Just watch the show once and see how conceited some people are and it will make you think twice about the definition of what "True Beauty" really is.

Meet the cast of True Beauty

No comments: