Tuesday, December 11, 2007

World of Warcraft - Celebrity Advertisements

Hey all. I meant to put this up quite a while ago, but I totally forgot these advertisements. Anyways, the commercials that I am going to show you are those regarding A-Team celebrity, Mr. T and martial arts expert, Jean-Claude Van Damme. With a user base of over 9 million subscribers and a monthly fee of $15, "World of Warcraft" is the most popular MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) on the planet. Developer "Blizzard Entertainment" started showing these advertisements online about five to eight weeks ago, and the responses have been quite exceptional. But, really, do these celebrities play World of Warcraft? Does Mr. T really have the time to be a "Night Elf Mohawk?" I have absolutely no clue. All I can say is that these advertisements are quite interesting because they utilize celebrities that either haven't gotten a lot of press, or that we just haven't heard from in a LONG time. When is the last time that any of you guys have heard from Jean-Claude Van Damme? I didn't even know where he was! These advertisements appeal to an audience that either left and they want to come back to WoW or those who have never heard of the game and possibly want to give it a try (provided they have a good enough computer to run it.) Anyways, enough of my talk. On with the advertisements! Oh, and for the record, are these advertisements enticing me to come back to WoW? Technically...no.

(Note: Le pub avec Jean-Claude Van Damme est en francais!!)



No comments: