Friday, May 08, 2009

Since I was young, thanks to my mom, I have always been in love with watching old Hollywood movies and current movies set back in the 1960s or earlier. I’m not able to list all the movies I’ve seen that fall into these categories but I know its over 50, but only a handful really leave a lasting impression on me. While shopping at the grocery store, I saw the DVD for Atonement. After reading the back of the case, and looking at the $6 price sticker on it, I decided to add it to my collection. What I didn’t know was I was actually purchasing a masterpiece in my opinion. The movie is about a young man and woman (played by Keira Knightley is slowly becoming one of my favorite actresses) who because of a terrible lie the young woman’s sister tells, they are kept apart. Everything about from the intensity of the actors to the twists and turns the plot takes. I found myself thinking I knew what would happen next and then something very unexpected would happen. I don’t know how I missed the attention it received when it was first released but I am so glad I didn’t miss the sign in the store that said, “DVDs for sale”.

No comments: