Monday, April 16, 2007

HBO STOLE MY SUNDAY NIGHT !!!

Okay, so I admit it, I'm a Sopranos fan. Like millions of others, I have been patiently waiting for the last six episodes of the series. The show is so popular that it has already been syndicated onto cable television ... and the show is not even over yet! I can't imagine the money the show's actors will reap in the years to come. I think the cast of friends stood to get something like fifty million each when that show was sold into syndication.

Anyway, I find myself sucked into two hours of HBO every Sunday night, for after The Sopranos comes Entourage, a show I also enjoy. Then, starting this week, HBO started a show that airs after Entourage—a mini-series about the upcoming De La Hoya - Mayweather fight. Being a mild boxing fan, I couldn't help but watch it. And now that I watched the first one, I will have to watch the remaining three.

Then I noticed that all are obviously "man" shows, filled with testosterone. Of course, many women also get pleasure out of The Sopranos, but on the whole, these are male-oriented shows.

And so, I'm sorry to say, HBO keeps America's males supplanted on their lazy asses for two hours without any inkling of changing the channel. Well, at least their shows are commercial- free, noncensored, and will only last for four more weeks.

Anyone else find themselves lured into a string of shows all on the same channel?

No comments: