Sunday, April 15, 2007

Simon Was Right About Hayley and Sanjaya

I have not kept up with American Idol this season, but after our discussion in class I felt compelled to watch it this last week. I have never been more disappointed. The Latin theme was awful and so many seemingly talented Idol contestants looked like they were caught in the middle of a karaoke night. No one could seep their pitch or shake it the way J-Lo tried to teach them. If I were on the show, I would have completely embarrassed. Haley particularly sucked. I thought her song was bad and that she sang it even worse. Usually I enjoy his over-the-top criticism as a means of comedy, and tend to agree with the suggestions of Randy, but this week was different. I found Simon to be right on. Telling Haley that she figured it out by wearing the least amount of clothes possible to make up for her nasty performance was not only funny but true. And surprisingly to everyone, Simon had something nice to say about Sanjaya's ballad. I haven't been a fan of him either but out of everyone that night, he seemed to pull of the Latin thing the best. All in all, I was glad to see Haley go the next night and I'm pretty curious to see how far Sanjaya makes it in the rest of the competition.

No comments: