Monday, April 23, 2007

Stop Snitchin

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=2450256&ch=334515&src=news

I was checking my email tonight and came across this on yahoo. Hopefully, this link works but it details the murder of a bodyguard in the inner cities and the way which the music can twist life. I hadn't heard much up until tonight from watching it but rap star Busta Rhymes was a witness to the murder, and because of this unwritten rule that says "no one can snitch" the murder will probably never be identified. I was amazed to watch the values these young children have from the inner cities of how life is. It reminded me of some of the discussions we have had on ideology and meanings because Geoffrey Canada, a anti-violence advocate, makes a direct reference to these.

No comments: