Friday, April 20, 2007

the show with zefrank

I am now addicted to The Show with Zefrank. After Wednesday’s class, I went home and immediately started watching some of the popular shows. Each one was unique and clever.

My favorite one on the most popular page is titled “Princess.” It’s one of his “How To” shows (like “Fingers In Food” – which is another funny one) about the proper procedure for checking out a hotel room. Every so often his shows include songs like, “How Do You Work This Thing?” and “This bright blue sky…makes me wanna throw up…This Random Guy…makes me wanna throw up.” He exceptionally combines witty words and pacing with random slap stick/gross jokes that still feels intelligent.

As I watched episode after episode, I started to wonder about Ze. He seems smart…I totally want to meet him…how does he think of all these ideas…why doesn’t he have his own books/shows/movies!?!

Then I came upon one of the last episodes listed on the most popular page, “Left Turn,” and Ze really did break the fourth wall. He narrated the show from the audience’s perspective and asked many of the same questions I’d been asking myself while watching the shows… “I wonder if he’d be fun to hang out with…nah he’s probably a dick”… “I can’t tell if this is stupid…or smart?”…. “What’s this supposed to be…artsy?”

This show totally sucks you in…I’m planning on starting at the beginning and watching them… I only wish I would have known about Ze when it first came on, so I could become an official member of the League of Awesomeness and feel like a true Sports Racer.




No comments: