Monday, April 30, 2007

MASH-UPS

I found watching all the mash-ups in class interesting this week. And as nerdy as they seem I can't dis them, for I too am guilty of creating a "mash-up." It's actually more of a compilation. I compiled scenes from my favorite horror movies and spliced them together into an hour and fifty minute movie. There are six sections: "slayings," "zombies," "oddities," "supernatural," "transformed," and "odds and ends." I did this creatively, complete with music and 80's titling. While I was doing it, I realized why people like myself create them. For the most part, we want a video that allows us to enjoy parts of movies that we don't need to watch again because we've seen them enough times. I really only want to see certain scenes from these movies because I probably watched the whole thing enough times to not want to watch it for a very long time.

Anyway, if anyone is a fan of extreme violence and gore, let me know and I'll hook you up with a copy.... I doubt I'll have any takers.

No comments: