Friday, April 13, 2007

Internet

So, on Wednesday in class, Prof. Neumann mentioned how he was interested in how other people use the internet. I had never really noticed how I, myself, used the internet, but as I thought about it, I realized I use it quite often. Actually, I use it a lot. Maybe too much. You see, I don't have internet access at my apartment anymore, but this past week I've been dog sitting at a house that does. I turn it on in the morning and check my myspace, facebook, hotmail and panthermail. Usually in that order. Then that's usually it. The trouble comes later when I sit down to do school work. When I'm working on a paper or researching something on-line, I'm constantly thinking of other things to look up or check out, and I usually do. So, the internet, though it has made researching papers and ideas easier, it has also made it a more time consuming activity since I have to stop and do all this other "more important" stuff. When it's around, I feel like I have to constantly be checking things, seeing if I got a new e-mail or facebook message in the past hour. Though at times it's really inconvenient to not have internet access at my apartment, at other times I'm really greatful because I actually get things done. Well, there is always the distraction of the tv, but that is definetly not as powerful as the internet.

No comments: