Monday, April 09, 2007

I shed a tear for Sanjaya

I must admit: I had to fight off the tears in class while I used the palm of my hand as a shield to not let others see my emotion for Sanjaya today. What would others think of me if I started to ball out my emotions for Sanjaya...in class for the world to see? You know when you feel just a good cry coming on, well, Sanjaya makes me feel that emotion every single time.

Ok, in all honesty not really. Actually none of this is really how I feel about Sanjaya,

but it was interesting in today's class to see this very intriguing 13-year old girl on AI who feels this way. I agree with Beth in saying that I want Sanjaya to win and I don't watch AI either.

I suppose we all have a little Howard Stern in us all, and I think one of the guilty pleasures in media now is to want to destroy everything that is popular, just because we give into it. I'd like to know how Sanjaya actually feels about his situation; whether he likes all the attention for being horrible, or if he is being horrible for the attention of the shows producers. It would be funny if he could really sing in reality. I get a picture of Sanjaya going off stage and away from the cameras and belting out tunes in perfect harmony to his friends. It would also be very funny if everyone voted for him because he was terrible, and after he won he releases a CD proving he can sing proving that A.I. has pulled the most elaborate media trick ever. None of this is true probably, but it is my own dorky thoughts.

So next time when Sanjaya belts an irregular melody of hope and media inflation,

I will shed a tear towards the media and vote for Sanjaya.

No comments: