Friday, April 06, 2007

The Sanjaya Effect

Has anyone else heard of this website? VoteForTheWorst.com

It's the real thing. This website encourages American Idol enthusiasts to cast their votes for the worst contestant on the show. I guess Sanjaya has been chosen as this year's golden kid. It's funny how propoganda has the ability to sway the opinion and actions of the public. I think this is just a way of individuals acting as a group to demonstrate and test the power of media.

Is this a way of fighting the system? Well, either way, AI wins because it's raking in the viewers.

I don't watch AI. I don't think I've seen an episode since Justin lost to Kelly. But, I will admit, I kind of want this Sanjaya kid to win. He's the quirky contestant. He may not have the pipes, but he's got the courage to be just plain odd. Now that I can respect.

No comments: