Saturday, May 05, 2007

BLOBBING OUT

Because it's the end of the semester, and papers and exams haunt my nightmares, I have almost no time to take in any TV, movies, etc... When I'm done with my schoolwork, it's usually late, or I have no energy left to do anything fun. In times like these I need to "vedge out," or as my brother would call it, "blobbing out."

To reach a sufficient level of blob-ness, lately I've been watching "Beavis and Butthead." Yes, I know what you're thinking: "Beavis and Butthead" are animated Cro-Magnon-like retards from fifteen years ago meant for idiot teenagers. Well, as it just so happens, fifteen years ago I was fourteen and enjoyed "Beavis and Butthead" and therefore have a sweet spot for them now, in my late twenties.

I think everyone can relate. We tend to enjoy shows that we watched in our youth. And even if you may have outgrown them, they still tend to be, for the most part, watchable. So, my recent acquisition from Netflix was "Beavis and Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection" (the complete six disc series). Now I have tons of ultra low-brow humor to numb my brain when I need to "blob out." I think I'll try to get some "Tom Green Show" next....

No comments: