Monday, May 14, 2007

Wikipedia

Wikipedia is a relatively new concept to me. Maybe I've been to the website before taking media studies but I don't know if I ever realized I was at Wikipedia.com. I also didn't know that it was created by consumers and could be edited. Now, I've really come to love Wikipedia. It's pretty much my first stop when I am searching for a term or details about a person. I've found it to be very useful in studying for exams. Like Jen and Melissa who take a break from studying to browse the internet, I do too. But a lot of the time I can get away with searching for something the teacher didn't necessarily cover in depth on Wikipedia, thus satisfying my internet craving. It really is helpful. There were so many terms to memorize and understand for all of my exams and without Wikipedia I doubt I would have covered most of them. It just makes finding information so easy and I like that. The only bad thing about it is that one of my professors wouldn't let me use it as a source for a paper. darn.

No comments: