Friday, May 04, 2007

spinoff

Last night ABC aired a two hour special of Grey's Anatomy and most it just turned out to a launch into Addison's (Kate Walsh) new spinoff that will be called Private Practice. The new show will be written by Shonda Rhimes and show Addison and her new practice in southern California.
I was very disappointed. I was expecting the full two hours to be about all the characters at Seattle Grace that we all have grown to love of the past seasons. I was even more disappointed with few scenes that we did see of Seattle Grace. All of a sudden Burke is getting cold feet? What? Meredith loses her stepmom and then her dad slaps her, with no reaction from all the doctors looking on. They just stood there as Meredith stormed off and her dad went into hysterics. Lame. Jane Doe can speak three languages and still doesn't remember who she is? I guess.
Even though some of the scenes from the original Grey's were questionable and not very entertaining, it is all just a set up for the season finale. I was reading some online tabloids and may have found out some answers to some of the questionable writing for this episode.
I guess that the show wrote itself into a corner after the February sweeps and off screen drama also played into what will be happening. I guess we just have to say goodbye to a show that is now going down hill.

No comments: