Saturday, April 18, 2009

I have a big smile, therefore I will have a happy marriage.

I saw an interesting segment on the news the other day. I'm not sure if they were trying to just fill time because of lack of content, but if this is the case then it is kind of sad. I believe it was Fox News that had this segment. They spent 5-10 minutes talking about a new study that was conducting that concludes that "men with the brightest smiles are shown to lead happy marriages."

I found it very interesting. I do not believe that it is a relavent story or that it is newsworthy, but they sort of made a joke out of it, which made for a "happy go lucky" story theme. I guess it goes to show you that a good smile can go a long way. They conducted studies to prove this, but, I'm sure there are plenty of arguments against their findings such as experiement flaws. In my opinion, people who frown a lot are moooost likely not very happy, therefore don't have the best marriage. So, it could be labeled as common sense. Just my two cents!

No comments: