Thursday, September 28, 2006

jackass:2...hot for theaters?

So last week Friday, I went and saw the new Jackass movie. For those who have been out of touch with society for the past seven years, Jackass is about a bunch of guys who go around hurting themselves and their friends. Some people find their antics to be funny, while some find it to be immature and gross. Personally, I think they’re hilarious. However, there was one "stunt" in the movie that even I couldn’t stand to watch. I won’t really get into all the details, but during the “stunt” an enormous censor bar flashed across the movie screen. My first reaction was, “thank god they didn’t show it” Then I realized that this was an R rated movie, and shouldn’t they show everything??? Apparently, Paramount and MTV felt the “stunt” was too graphic for theaters. Maybe when they release the DVD they’ll show it uncensored, but I don’t know if I really want to see it uncensored. By the way, I heard Jackass: Number 2 opened number one at the box office opening weekend. What a great society we live in.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I saw it last Friday as well. I thought it was funny as hell, but the only thing I thought was gross was the horse semen. Sick, but it happens.

Anyway, I didn't see a huge censored sign in the movie, just a little one with the horse semen thing.

Was there something else at your theatre?