Friday, September 22, 2006

Only Nurses Like Techno

I have to say that I honestly never knew why techo music was ever created. I mean, I really thought country was the lowest of the low. At least I have something to help me out when I'm feeling really naucious and I just can't seem to throw up. However, the funny thing about techno is that there really are people out there who listen to it. For instance, I was taking a publication design class last semester and being the nerd that I am, I was a newbie to photoshop. I would sit at the computer for hours just trying to figure out what one item could create. Well, this girl in my class, who was "of course, a pro" at photoshop decides that she's going to read her emails and listen to music the entire time. Now, I have no problem with Ipods, but please, just be generous when you're in class and don't turn them up. Anyways, this girl decides that not only is she going to share her passion of music with the class but she's also going to share with us the lovable sounds of techno. I really disliked her from that day on. Nevertheless, I made it through the semester and didn't hear techno for quite some time. Truly, I forgot the methodical droning noises stopped for good. So now it's been about 3 months and 5 days and I happened upon a radio ad for a company looking for CNAs and RNs. And what is in the backgroud.....TECHNO!!!! And then it hit me......that girl in my class was a nurse! Who else would listen to techno but a nurse. Every commercial for nurses I've heard since then have been with techno music. And thus is the conclusion of a lifetime.....only nurses like techno!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woah... I like techno...
NURSE!!! Hey, where's my nurse! I need a nurse!!!!

Haha, still techno is a fairly broad category. Often what gets classified as "techno" is rather dull, unless its too strange to classify as a specific genre of techno... then that is my kind of music. I would have to say that in almost all of its forms it seeps into the background and allows other things to take the focus, just listen to the backdrops for so many ads. But then again, perhaps its just all the machines that nurses get to listen to, it probably just grows on them... Beep... Beep... Beep... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.