Sunday, September 10, 2006

Time Warner Cable Can Get Bent

I recently moved into a new place in Bay View. Moving in with a new roomate and into a new house, it is understood that some things are unavoidably left behind. Aside from undescribable filth and a broken Laz-E-Boy recliner, I've left my cable services behind at the old house. My roomate called today and inquired how long it would take to get someone to come out and turn it on. They say 5-7 days. That is until he requests an appointment, then he is told that they can't "actually" make it here until September 27th.

Their are obvious things I despise about corporate media and AOL Time Warner Cable blah blah is by far the largest and worst offender, but one of the worst things about them is that they continue to get away with treating customers like they don't need them. But this is what happens when choice is eliminated and competition is negligable if not nonexistant. I really debated not having the cable hooked up. That is until I had to watch the Season premiere of the Simpsons with aluminum foil taped to the back of the TV.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I want to know is what happened to basic cable? Where is the ala-carte option? I know there are political proponents of this idea, however it does not seem to have accomplished much.

I don't have cable, it just is not worth it for me. I use alternative outlets primarily via the internet, but guess who also controls your access to that? Granted, you can get DSL from the phone company, but are they any better? No.