Monday, March 19, 2007

facebook

So, I do not know much about facebook at all but here are my feelings about it for what they are worth.

I don’t have it and I don’t want to have it.

People are always like I tried to find you in facebook and I couldn’t…then I tell them that I don’t have it. They act shocked and tell me I need to sign up.

Everyone I talk to says that they have it because it allows them to keep in contact with friends but I think it is a lot more than that. I mean people have hundreds of people on it that they don’t even really know and even if they do know them they probably are not friends with them. I think it’s just away for people to be able to find out more information about you then they need to know. For example, a year ago I was sitting in a class with a friend and some girl came up to my friend and knew who he was and about him…they had never met in person or ever talked before but she had searched for people in the class and recognized him from his picture. This is just too much for me. I don’t want people to know who I am, where I am etc.

Now again, I don’t know much about how facebook works. So, maybe I am way off here but I guess until I learn more about it…I will be staying away.

No comments: