Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

Ok, so by writing this blog, I’m about to admit to the world my guilty pleasure. Please try not to judge me. In fact, there is a good chance you yourself have dabbled in this same guilty pleasure. So, the other day I went down to Chicago to see a concert. It was a Justin Timberlake concert to be exact. There…I said it. It was awesome. Anyways, there was about a twenty minute intermission when Timberland, a famous music producer/artist, came out and performed. His “performance”, however, involved him spinning/mixing records while, at the same time, a series of videos and images were being shown on the big screen. It reminded me a lot of some of the videos we’ve watched in class. (For example, the “No Scrubs” remix we watched) He mixed together a lot of the artist’s songs, which he produced, to make one long music video. It was really a lot of fun to watch, and very entertaining. This is clearly an example of the remix culture we seem to be immersed in today. A culture where it has become accepted to take forms of media and improve, change, basically “remix” it. So, now the world knows that I heart Justin Timberlake, but can you really blame me? He’s dreamy. (Yes, I did just use the word dreamy). Could this entry get any more embarrassing?

1 comment:

michael said...

Thanks for sharing, Jen. The concert sounds like fun.

Since you mention remix culture...Girl Talk, the artist whose CD of mashups I played a few weeks ago, is going to be in town next week. Just keeping you up to date.