Friday, March 23, 2007

I wish MySpace was Completely Useless, So I Wouldn't Have to Go There Anymore!

Ok...there has been a lot of blogs about Facebook and MySpace lately. I have both, but my desire to constantly check them has dropped to almost zero. When I first signed up, I checked them both every day, multiple times a day. Honestly, I probably spent more time crafting and looking at my own profile than other people’s profiles (I am self-centered, I guess).

Both websites have allowed me to keep in semi-regular contact with high school friends and people I’ve had in classes at UWM. Plus, all of my friend’s bands, and other bands, list their upcoming shows and the show locations—it’s become very convenient.

Ultimately, I’d like to state their uselessness, but I can’t. My boyfriend’s band has been on tour this past week. Bands from other states would play in Wisconsin; they would become friends with my boyfriend’s band, and stay in touch over MySpace. Then when it was time to go on tour, they had venue locations suggestions and gigs around the country (like Nashville, Philly, Brooklyn), plus, places to crash for the night because of the friends they maintained by utilizing MySpace.

No comments: