Friday, March 09, 2007

Online Job Postings Services

Does anyone ever wonder what people did before online job posing services? I mean there are millions of job posting services…just to name a few off the top of my head-Monster, MilwaukeeJobs, Career Builder…and I know there is soooo many more.

Being in the stage of my life where a full time job is in the near future, services like this seem to be the best thing ever. I mean you can find a job anywhere in the world with just a click of a mouse. Before these services the only way people found jobs was through newspaper and even then these jobs were only local jobs. So, how did people find out about other jobs? Or did they? When I look at the employment section of newspapers today, there is barely anything there. Has it always been this way or is this just because of the online services?

To prove my point about how important these online services are to finding a job, I talked to my cousin who is in human resources and she said that they do all of their employee hunting and recruiting through an online service. This means that most of their jobs are never even posted in papers or anywhere else.

To me these online job services seem very helpful in the job searching…does anyone have any reason to disagree?

No comments: