Friday, March 23, 2007

XM Radio

XM Radio

I just bought a new car and it came with 3 months of XM Radio for free. According to Wikipedia, XM Satellite Radio Holdings (XM) is one of two
satellite radio services in the United States and Canada, along with SIRIUS Satellite Radio. XM provides pay-for-service radio, analogous to cable television. Its service includes 73 different music channels, 39 news, sports, talk and entertainment channels, 21 regional traffic and weather channels and 23 play-by-play sports channels.

So, knowing basicly nothing about XM Radio except what you guys read above from the Wikipedia defination and also what the car salesmen told me in his three minute pitch about it, I am finding it hard to acutally use the XM Radio. I find myself playing around with it for afew mintues but then switching back to regular radio, using a CD or hooking up my MP3 player. I think that it is just easier for me to stick with technologies I am use to. I mean with XM I am having trouble finding the station that plays music I like. With traditional radio, I know what stations I like already, its just easier.

Now, I know this seems crazy and I know XM has lots of pirks like no commericals, etc. Also, everyone I talk to that has XM loves it and say they would never go back to standard radio. I just think the adjustment to it is hard. Also, I think that at this point in my life I can see myself paying $15 dollors a month or more for radio service once the 3 free months are up.

No comments: