Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Search for the Next Doll...hahahahah!

I watched my first, and last, episode of "The Search for the Next Doll." This show is on The CW and it is about adding a member to the now extremely commercial group The Pussycat Dolls. This show, in a nutshell, is The CW's attempt to reel in some of the MTV audience for "Making The Band." The Pussycat dolls started out as a dance troupe... and in 2005 were nominated for a GRAMMY (that alone should prove how pointless Grammy’s are).

This show in particular is one of the worst ‘compete for fame’ shows that networks have come up with. At least on ‘Idol,’ you don’t get constant drama or 10 minutes spent on “But you said I dance like a drag queen…waaahhh.”

The whole show is about sex. One of the biggest compliments of a contestant on the show was not praise for wonderful singing or stunning dance moves, but instead: “You worked really hard at finding your sexy!”

The classic use of the “confessional camera” permeated every segment of the show. When someone got kicked off she told America: “Maybe… it was the shoes and the sparkles that distracted me?” (yea, sparkles cause me to lose all brain functioning, too).

I can’t believe I survived the whole episode…seriously.

No comments: