Sunday, October 29, 2006

Can you cry at movies?

So I went to see "Flag of Our Fathers" the other night and the guy I was with said that I was not allowed to cry during the movie. He just got back from serving two tours in Iraq and said that this was what war was like. I decided that I could never go to war because I would always be crying. Why though is it that when told the girls that the movie was good but sad they all agreed but the guys said I was being a baby. I think that people should be allowed to express any emotion that hits them when they watch a movie. It's like at horror movies where instead of screaming I laugh. Why you ask? Because that way I am convincing myself that the movie is not real and it is just entertainment; otherwise I would be freaking out for awhile. But no one gets that reaction and everyone just thinks that I am so wierd. Therefore I think that whatever emotion hits you feel free to express it and enjoy yourself.

No comments: