Thursday, October 05, 2006

A nice unbiased doc from discovery

The other day I was flipping through the channels, and I came across a documentary show on the Waco Texas Raid and Siege that happened in the early 1990s. The documentary was shown on the Discovery Channel. I thought it was very good in that showed both point of views. I felt it was a strange coincidence that in class recently we were talking about objectivity in the media. The documentary was mainly filmed with reenactments. In addition they had interviews with several witnesses who were with the Davidian Branch, and members from the ATF and FBI. It also showed sympathy towards the Davidians and government agents who were killed in action. With all the chaos that happened at that time, they didn’t put any blame on either side for who was at fault for the killings. Since I was too young to remember what happened back then, I thought this unbiased documentary was nicely produced.

No comments: