Sunday, October 29, 2006

potpourri

My roomate just got back from Saw III and it got me thinking about scary movies and camera angles. When i was in 10th grade my English teacher taught us about how camera angles are used to tell a story. She told us that she studied film making in college and she learned that certain things can give a movie away. She told us that when she went to see"The Sixth Sense" in theaters, she immediately knew that Bruce was dead. She claims she knew this becasue they placed him in the lower left corner or something like that in a specific scene. She told us that they always put the person who is going to die in whatever certain spot (I completely forget what it was). When we talked about camera shots in class a couple of weeks ago i started thinking about what my English teacher had said. COULD IT BEEEEE that movies really do give away the story line through the camera angles? OR, was my teacher just trying to be a hot shot since no one else knew Bruce was dead?

1 comment:

michael said...

I never heard that about the lower left corner. Sounds fishy to me.