Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cheap Seats De Ja Vu???

I’m a big fan of the ESPN Classic show Cheap Seats. This is a show that has two twin brothers, Randy and Jason Sklar, making humorous comments about old sporting events. These events range from spelling bees to old 1970s wrestling. The jokes never stop and they’re usually related to what they’re watching and some times the jokes are related to little skits that they create. The show is basically a joke itself and if you watch it, you’ll notice it doesn’t really take itself seriously either. After watching an episode, I finally realized why I like the show so much: because it is basically like Mystery Science Theater 3000. The only difference is Cheap Seats makes fun of bad old sporting events, while MST makes fun of bad old movies. Unfortunately this end of November, Cheap Seats will stop making new episodes, and ending long before its prime, much like MST did. p.s…I actually met the guy from MST, Mike Nelson at party my parents were throwing. I didn’t really know who he was at the time (it was the early 90’s and I really wasn’t a fan of the show until my parents had turned me onto it), but he was a really nice down to earth kind of guy.

No comments: