Monday, October 16, 2006

I Hate I-Pods

I just figured out how Apple could convince me to buy a new I-Pod Nano-thing. All they have to do is convince me that if I buy it, it will actually work. Let me briefly set this up. I had to drive with a friend to Columbus, Ohio for a marathon that took place there this last weekend. I knew that the drive would be crazy long, and I wanted to have sufficient music to listen to on the way, because I don't like country or bible music, and I was sure to encounter this sort while driving through Indiana and Ohio. I also didn't want to lug a bunch of CD's with me, so I started to refill my I-Pod with music for the drive.

Now when I say refill, I mean I had to fill it again because for some unknown reason, all of music was deleted about 2 months ago and I was super pissed. I didn't want to use it anymore. I had several albums on it that I didn't have physical copies of, and were now lost. But the prospect of taking my CD's seemed to cumbersome, so I decided to just use my I-Pod.

On Friday night, I was filling it with music while I was studying and I had about 850 songs on it, when I-Tunes decided to automatically update, which again deleted all the music on my I-Pod. And again, this included music I didn't have physical copies of. I nearly smashed the f*c$ing thing on the ground. I hate being forced to engage with a product that doesn't work. I can't lug cd's and discmans around with me, but if I want to listen to music on the go, I'm forced to engage with a product that seems hell bent on pissing me off.

No comments: