Thursday, October 12, 2006

My SPACE is your SPACE??

Throughout the third world, the inherency of community is engrained into the cultures of these countries that thrive off of their interdependence and remain the "happier" people in the world.
Family and friends stop by anytime without notice and the hosts are extremely thankful and hospitable for their presence. Open doors really are open doors.
Here on the west side of the hemisphere, the home is some kind of embodiment of private property, a protected armor against intrusion of privacy. Why the HELL are we so damn private about everything? Really, what do we have going on behind closed doors? This place and its glorified independence does have some flaws.
Technology such as My Space is one cyber accomodation that allows us to feel like we can be hospitable without getting off our butt and degluing the glare from the screen in the comfort of our independent privacy.
Let me stop by and drop you a couple lines, and you can stop by My Space a little later and drop me off a few lines. Yeah I know, its intended to be more so for long distance and it really is a great promo tool for musicians. You can hear their latest jams and it probably makes people feel pretty good to be able to leave celebs a couple lines as well. But I just see this kind of stuff as a double edged sword. It can be used in good ways and bad. I do feel that technological advances such are hindering the confrontation of issues with becoming a community in America.

No comments: