Friday, October 20, 2006

Humans for sale.......HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

There is so much talk, at least in my house, about how poor the market is for homes. Yeah, exciting conversations, I know. We have tons of people in my neighborhood who are in the process of trying to get rid of their homes for an exceedingly rediculous amount of money and then two days later they bring the price down again. Anyways, after making the half hour trek down to school everyday, and finding that the only place where you never receive a ticket is on Summit Ave, I've begun to discover that my neighborhood is not the only place where homes have continuously sat on the market for months. As bored and as over tired as I usually am in the mornings I find lame amusement in counting these homes, and was caught off guard when I got stuck trying to decide if a particular house I passed was on sale or not. Sitting on the lawn of this house was a sign that read, "FOR SALE JEAN HENNING" with a picture of this cute, little-old lady sitting next to her name. I was at first flabbergasted at whether or not they were selling their grandmother or whether they named their humble abode. Then I thought to myself a little longer and realized that no longer would the world have to worry about homes not selling on the market place, humans were the new commodity! In actuality I understood the sign completely, but I just thought it funny that whatever relator was working on selling that particular house really needed to rethink their signage. I mean, if it was that lady for sale and not the house, they would've sold that thing months ago.

No comments: