Friday, October 06, 2006

Rep. Mark Foley (D/Rep-Florida)

Why am I not surprised that Fox "News" made an error in reporting the party affiliation of the creepy REPUBLICAN Mark Foley? Possibly because I'm certain it wasn't a mistake in the first place. Here is why:

1. Fox "News" is completely obsessed with the differences between between Republicans and Democrats. Pointing out the inferiority of the Democratic Party is the basis for their entire existence. If these borderline criminal actions were committed by an actual Democrat, the pundits on that network wouldn't stop singing about it. They'd be having a party on the air complete with champagne and a burning donkey.

2. I took McBride's boring media writing class and the only thing I learned was that obsessive fact checking and spelling is the neccesary cornerstone of good reporting. I'm not accusing Fox "News" of good reporting, but the staff is clearly capable of simple fact checking. Something this simple and obvious wouldn't slip past them unless they wanted it to. And trust me, if it were true, they would want it to be out. (See reason #1)

So I'm convinced they let this "error" slip past because enough people would see it and believe this pervert was a Democrat.

Fox News: Fair and Balanced
(as long as you are a white, straight, Conservative, rich, protestant)

1 comment:

Eric said...

I just watched Bill O'Reilly and a Republican congressman from North Carolina discuss how the Democrats are behind this Mark Foley thing because they're the ones that broke the story, which makes them accessories. Somehow.

The absurdity of that channel and the audacity that they call it "news" makes me want to tear my hair out. If I weren't already bald.