Wednesday, October 11, 2006

YouGoogleTube

So Google bought YouTube. That's not that surprising and it doesn't seem like a big deal either. Why wouldn't one site that offers so much to the public for free be interested in another site that does the same? It's not surprising until you hear the price: 1.65 billion dollars. That's right $1,650,000,000. Everyone reading this has no doubt used Google's services and I bet not one person has ever paid a dime to do so. So how do they become one of the richest media companies on the Earth? With all of the information they gather from you every time you visit their site, doesn't that make you a little nervous. Personally I love Google and it's the only search engine that I use. I find it very easy to navigate and it appears that they aren't trying too sell me something with every click like Yahoo. Granted there is sponsored links but it's not hard to go around them and find a website that hasn't given a dime to Google. It seems like yesterday when Google first appeared. It didn't take a lot of press to get them started. Just word of mouth. Now they are worth over $100 billion dollars with more than $10 billion in the bank. Why didn't they buy Myspace too? Newscorp bought it for only $580 million. I'd much rather have Google own Myspace than Rupert Murdoch... or would I?


By the way I also love YouTube.
These are my friends doing what I call the Shirts Off For Freedom Burrito Rain Dance at center street daze.

No comments: