Friday, September 28, 2007

"Childrens do learn..."

One of my favorite shows on television right now is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  As a fan of current events, I find the satirical spin of various news stories hilarious.  Today, while doing some homework, I was shocked to overhear another ingenious quote by George Bush.  Addressing a group of young students at a school, Bush said the following:

"As yesterday's positive report card shows 'childrens' do learn when standards are high and results are measured."

Afterwards, Jon Stewart's comments were entertaining, as usual.  The clip was from today's episode of the Daily Show, so I was not able to find of clip including Jon Stewart. But, I found the video clip from Bush's speech.  I recommend trying to find video with Stewart's comments.

In lieu of the Daily Show's success, I have noticed other cable news networks creating similar shows that mock/critique current events.  Most notably, Fox News' Red Eye (which isn't funny, at all).

Although Bush's newest speech slip-up does not directly relate to much in our class, I figured many would find it very amusing.

No comments: