Thursday, September 13, 2007

Online Radio

This morning, I woke up rather early (6:30ish for me). There was no reason, I just did. Anyway, I decided to do something I hadn't done in a long while: listen to a talk radio station that broadcasts in Madison.

Because there isn't really a radio station that caters to my political beliefs in the Milwaukee area, I had to live stream on the internet for the Mic 92.1 in Madison (part of Air America radio).

I thought this was interesting because, just a few years ago, radio stations weren't allowed to broadcast over the web. Eventually, this ban came down, and now almost every radio station has a website from which you can listen to online.

This is a combination of two media: the internet and radio. There was also advertising on the player, which made it even more economically viable for the radio station to produce (since they already have advertisers on their stream).

P.S. We also turn down the TV volume for Packers' games ;)

No comments: