Monday, September 10, 2007

The Golden Girls- Boxed set vs. Cable Viewing

This week I've been ingesting quite a bit of media, but the source that really sticks out in my mind is the Golden Girls. I'm an avid fan; I own seasons one through four and currently I've been popping in season 3. In case any of you don't remember Golden Girls... check out the show's them below.



Owning boxed sets really helps me out now, because I no longer have cable. Lifetime network carried Golden Girls for a solid 2 hours per day, but obviously with conventional rabbit ears, I'm stuck with Cosby reruns and Sesame Street. However- in my opinion, owning the seasons is a much more preferable way to get my fix.

I can choose which episodes I want to watch (I recommend 'The Audit' from Season 3 or 'The Competition' from Season 1), I don't have to deal with commercials (now that the 'Tiny House' commercial is no longer running, advertising has lost its appeal for me), and I don't have to watch Lifetime's advertisements for its made-for-TV-movies.

Invest in your favorite sitcom's boxed set. Your viewing pleasure will triple! And if your favorite sitcom happens to include Dorothy, Sophia, Blanche, and Rose- I approve wholeheartedly.

No comments: