Thursday, September 13, 2007

Uber Delay

So this weekend I was watching the Packer game like the good Wisconsinite that I am, and was having an enjoyable time seeing Brett and the gang beat Philly. Following in the tradition of my parents, before actually sitting down to watch the game I turn the volume on the TV all the way down and put on WTMJ radio. My folks have done this since the days of announcer Jim Erwin because the FOX announcers are just, je ne sais pas...they lack a certain something.

When I finally sit down to watch the game, I notice that the delay between what is happening on TV and what is being said on the radio is terrible! There was an instance in which a play was completed on TV and the announcing of that particular play had not even begun yet on the radio. Or another instance when a play was completed on TV and they had already gone to a commercial break when the radio play-by-play was just finishing up.

It was all very frustrating. Can assume that this uber delay is still from the Janet Jackson incident a few years back? I think it is all very ridiculous, but there is probably not a whole lot I can do about it...hmm, do I deal with the delay or suck it up and listen to FOX announcers? I'll be delayed.

No comments: