Monday, March 23, 2009

FML - Why?

Anyone who has been on Facebook anytime in the last 3 months has probably seen people talking about www.FMyLife.com on their away status or profile, etc. For some reason I've been drawn to it as well, and I'm not really sure why. There are some very humorous posts, but the fact that it has made its way into such a popular sight is beyond me.

I think that I could probably find five different things that went wrong with my day, post them, and they would probably be funny to some reader who doesn't even know me and know that I'm really not that funny of a guy.

Some examples: Today, at the gym, I saw this really pretty girl. Trying to impress her, I started lifting with heavy weights. One of the weights slipped out of my hand. I then dropped the other one, trying to make it seem like it was on purpose. I dropped the weight on my phone. I squealed. She giggled. FML

Today, I received my passport in the mail. They got my birthdate wrong. Then I picked up my birth certificate that I had sent in with the application. Turns out my parents have been celebrating my birthday on the wrong day for 16 years. FML

Maybe its the fact that there are people out there who are having bad days, just like each and every one of us will have at some point. Maybe we can relate to some of the FML's to our own experiences. Or, maybe the website is just meant for students to have something to space off to and read for 30 minutes every day. Who knows? Regardless, I'll probably keep reading them (maybe not everyday), because I enjoy a good laugh. I must note though, I question whether or not some of them are real, and who is behind all of these posts.

No comments: