Sunday, March 01, 2009

Late Night Television

As I'm sure most of you all know. But come tomorrow night, Jimmy Fallon is set to take over the reigns of the show "Late Night" on NBC as Conan O'Brein has left the show to begin preparation for him to replace Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show."

You can read an article about Fallon and all of his thoughts about his new career move here. But more or less, Fallon is excited about his new gig but says he is a little nervous.

I personally like the choice of Fallon to replace Conan on the show. I never really liked much of his movies but I loved him on Saturday Night Live and I believe that Fallon's style of comedy will be more conducive for late night television.

But, on the other hand. I am not liking the idea of Conan replacing Leno on "The Tonight Show." I do like Conan and his comedy routines but I just don't believe that Conan has the star power to run "The Tonight Show." I think Conan is a person that thrives in that "Scottie Pippen" role and not so much the lead role or the "Michael Jordan" role.

I do hope he does well though. I would never wish no ill will against him.

Time will only tell how things turn out.

No comments: