Friday, November 10, 2006

Blinged Out Billboards

So, those of you that think technology is facinating and you can't believe how far we've come, you need to think again. Unless, you can fix my stupid computer that rarely works and convince my parents that computer techs really do know what they are doing and all my parents have to do is get a different computer. Ah, now that that is off my mind, onto the blog.

Driving I-43 everyday to work becomes quite monotonous and boring. I'm never entertained by the piles of construction cones blocking lanes, the hours of waiting for someone to come and move the construction cones blocking lanes so traffic can continue to move at the 10 mph speed that it typically does, or the horrendous music that WI radio finds pleasing to carry on every single radio station available. Finally I found something that will keep my mind at ease. Advertisers have finally become intelligent and invented the digitized billboard. Although there are no advertisements on the screen yet it is great to know that there is no longer risky man power that will go into hanging new panels every few months. Many years ago I worked at a movie theater and helped put up new movie names every other Friday. Although the movie marquee wasn't nearly as tall as most billboards, I had a frightening idea of what it could be like to be one of the workers hanging the enormous panels in 20 mph winds. I've really enjoyed driving down I-43 daily and seeing the billboard have different images on it like "TESTING BLUE" and "SPECTRUM TEST" with images of beautiful people with their hair blowing in the wind. I think this is an intelligent step for the advertising world. Now I'll be able to cut people off without them becoming angry at me; the blue on the digital billboard is just so calming and beautiful.

No comments: