Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Wasted My Sunday

This is more of a confession than anything else. My roommate and I spent the entire day, and I literally mean the ENTIRE day, watching the complete season of an MTV reality show called Beauty and the Geek. For those of you who have not seen the show, it's a pointlessly predictable reality show where one geeky guy is coupled with a beauitful woman as they compete in challenges that teach the nerds social skills and fashion sense, while teaching the beauties general knowledge like geography, car maintenence, and astronomy. (Executive producer? Ashton Kutcher)

So you might be asking yourself why I watched the entire season of the show. I simply could not turn it off. I liked watching the beauitful women in swimsuits, I liked seeing the nerds awkward interaction with the ladies, and I loved making fun of the stupid hosts constant need to re-establish the premise of the show every ten minutes. So with this type of hook built into the show, by 1 o'clock I found myself determined to find out how the show would end. What can I say? I like watching awkward dating situations, scantily clad women, and making fun of people. Please don't think less of me.

No comments: