Thursday, November 30, 2006

More on Music videos

I was a little harsh on Mr. Corbijn on my last post. Let me backtrack a bit and say that he is one of the most influential rock photographers/videographers of all time, and that bands like Green Day, U2, Depeche Mode, and Metallica wouldn't be where they are today without him.

...With that said, i'm kind of sick of music videos. i've been watching so many of them for the last week or so (I'm shooting one as my final project in my digital distribution class, so I've been looking for concepts to steal), and I can safely say that there are simply a lot of BAD music videos out there. However, I've run across a few that I had forgotten how good they are:
  • Madonna - Express Yourself (dir. David Fincher)
  • Madonna - Like a Prayer (dir. Mary Lambert)
  • Madonna - I'll Remember (dir. Alek Keshishian) ...she made my list three times? Damn.
  • Jimmy Eat World - Pain (dir. Paul Fedor)
  • Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice (dir. Spike Jonze)
  • Foo Fighters - Everlong (dir. Michel Gondry ...the man who invented the "bullet time" from The Matrix...and don't forget it!)
  • Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science (dir. unknown)
....and of course...the grandaddy of them all...
  • Aha - Take on Me (animated by Michael Patterson)
Youtube for those, as well as the two Depeche Mode videos I mentioned in my last post. It's good watchin's...

No comments: