Thursday, November 30, 2006

What Happened to Wrestlin'???

Every now and then I will be flipping through the TV and I will see that wrestling is still on. I remember wayyyyy back in the day (late 80's to early 90's) how much fun wrestling was. I thought it was the greatest thing on earth to see full grown sweaty men "try" and beat the crap out of each other. I remember the time when Hulk Hogan (you might know him now as the over baring gorilla on Hogan Knows Best) lost to the Ultimate Warrior at the Wrestlemania PPV and I cried. Hogan seemed invincible to me and he lost!!! That was when my dad realized I was taking something way to seriously that was fake and he told me the truth about wrestling. It took me awhile to come to this reality, and afterwards wrestling lost its appeal to me. It’s kind of like when you know how a magician performs a certain trick. It takes the fun out it. Now when I pass by wrestling on TV, it just seems trashy. Maybe it was my childhood innocence, but to me wrestling was cool. R.I.P. wrestlin'

No comments: