Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wisconsin the Progressive state?

I've been watching the election results this evening and I'm sweetly surprised with the results (this is a blog, I don't have to be objective), but there are somethings that I just can't understand. The marriage referrendum is most likely going to pass and in my opinion this is a huge blow to the great state we live in. This is going to go down in the history books as one of Wisconsin's greatest mistakes. If you look in history books today there are none that shed a negative light on the civil rights movement (unless you go to the south maybe). To think that African-Americans should not have eqaul rights is not only absurd in today's society, it's downright unpatriotic. In 20 years the same will be said about gay rights. I walked around campus today and saw the hate graffitti on the sidewalks which read, "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." I never expected to read that much ignorance and hate spew from an educated brain. Let's get real here, no matter what you believe, even if you are religious, how can you actually believe in Adam and Eve? We go to school, we look at the facts and opinions and we are supposed to formulate an educated opinion. Adam and Eve are as real as Unicorns. I'm sorry if I'm crossing the line but let's get real, we did not decsend from two people, we evolved over thousands of years. The thing that really hit me the hardest was an advertisement in which children were used in favor of the amendment. How can those parents submit their own children to read these opinions and convince people to make a decision as controversial as this one? It was absolutely disgusting.

No comments: